HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!
Even though I am not Irish, I do love St. Patrick's Day! Nobody is ever in a bad mood on St. Patrick's Day (it may be because they have had a little too much to drink but that is besides the point). So in lieu of the holiday, I have concocted some healthy, DELICIOUS, green protein bites for you!
You may be asking, what is matcha? Matcha is a Japanese green tea.
Amongst its many health benefits, matcha…
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Matcha tea is an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet.
Matcha Pistachio Protein Bites
¾ cup unsalted, raw cashews
¼ cup raw pistachios
3-4 Medjool dates, pitted (adjust depending on sweetness)
¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
2 tsp matcha powder (or I used matcha tea leaves_
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 serving of Organic Sotru Protein & Green Vegan Superfood Powder
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend. You may need to add a tiny bit of water to the mix. Scoop out small portions with a spoon and roll into tiny balls. Refrigerate and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these energy bites. Please comment below if you decide to make them! I would love to hear your thoughts!
Have a fantastic St. Patrick's Day!
This recipe was inspired by The Longevity Book's Matcha Pistachio Bliss Balls