Who here loves coffee??
If you are like me and you said OF COURSE I LOVE COFFEE, than read on.
If you said no, keep reading because you may find that you will enjoy coffee after you try this recipe.
If you drink your coffee black, good for you. However, the majority of people I know like their cream and sugar with a splash of coffee. Who wouldn't?? Everyone likes stuff with sugar in it. It's addicting. It is the worlds worst drug (my own opinion). That is why I am ridding it from my diet once and for all.
But sugar is a WHOLE different topic for another time. The real topic today is coconut oil. Yes..coconut oil. I have always loved coconut oil for cooking but I recently found a new love in adding coconut oil to my coffee. I am sure many of you have heard of the Bulletproof coffee and maybe even heard of just adding coconut oil in your coffee but I am here to tell you that it is delicious! It is a healthy alternative to the cream and sugar that you may add every day. Coconut oil is PACKED with health benefits! But you may be wondering why should I add it to my coffee. Here are just a few reasons why:
- It is delicious! Coconut oil gives your coffee the same creaminess and sweetness as adding milk and sugar do (I think its event tastier).
- It's like drinking a double expresso. You will get the energy from the caffeine in the coffee, but did you know that coconut oil gives you energy too?? Coconut oil is made up of Medium Chain Triglycerides. MCTs are absorbed and metabolized by the body quickly meaning you will get energy quickly, giving you a little more of a morning boost.
- It's Good For Your Brain. Your brain needs dietary fat. At least 60% of your brain is composed of fat!
- Improves Your Metabolism & Aids in Weight Loss. Many studies have proven that the MCTs in coconut oil metabolize differently than long chain fats. In one study, rats were overfed with either long chain or medium chain fats. The rats fed the medium chain fats gained 20% less weight and 23% less body fat (source).
- A healthier and happier you. Coconut oil contains lauric acid which contains antiviral and antibacterial super powers (non-coincidentally, lauric acid is, also, found in breast milk).
- It is an easy way to add some healthy fat into your daily diet.
So without further ado, here is my coconut oil coffee concoction.
1. Make a pot of organic coffee
2. pour into a blender and add 1-2 tsp of coconut oil
3. Blend, Pour & ENJOY! (You can add a few drops of vanilla or stevia)